The Cherokee Herbal: Native Plant Medicine from the Four Directions
- Author:J. T. Garrett
- Brand:New Age
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.99
as of 8/21/2014 15:12 EDT details
- You Save: $7.01 (47%)
- Sales Rank:162,220
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):8.3 x 5.4 x 0.8
- Publication Date:February 28, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A practical guide to the medicinal uses of over 450 plants and herbs as applied in the traditional practices of the Cherokee.
• Details the uses of over 450 plants for the treatment of over 120 ailments.
• Written by the coauthor of Medicine of the Cherokee (40,000 copies sold).
• Explains the healing elements of the Four Directions and the plants associated with them.
• Includes traditional teaching tales as told to the author by Cherokee Elders.
In this rare collection of the acquired herbal knowledge of Cherokee Elders, author J. T. Garrett presents the healing properties and medicinal applications of over 450 North American plants. Readers will learn how Native American healers utilize the gifts of nature for ceremonial purposes and to treat over 120 ailments, from the common cold to a bruised heart. The book presents the medicine of the Four Directions and the plants with which each direction is associated. From the East comes the knowledge of "heart medicine"--blood-building tonics and plants for vitality and detoxification. The medicine of the South focuses on the innocence of life and the energy of youthfulness. West medicine treats the internal aspects of the physical body to encourage strength and endurance, while North medicine offers a sense of freedom and connection to the stars and the greater Universal Circle. This resource also includes traditional teaching tales to offer insights from Cherokee cosmology into the origin of illness, how the animals found their medicine, and the naming of the plants.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.