Areas of Fog
- Author:Joseph Massey
- Publisher:Shearsman Books
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.71
as of 4/18/2014 22:52 EDT details
- You Save: $3.29 (21%)
- Sales Rank:1,337,604
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.5 x 0.3
- Publication Date:May 15, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9781848610521
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Poetry. One needs only to watch and listen in gratitude as poems informed by Bronk, Niedecker, Olson (to name a few), and the landscape of Humboldt County, California, take shape in AREAS OF FOG, Joseph Massey's first full-length collection. "Joseph Massey sees with a composer's eye and sings in a microtonality all his own. Syllable by syllable phenomena miraculously unfold. This is fantastic work, understated, charmed, and open. The world simply happens in these poems and its moments are tuned marvels. You don't want to miss it"—Peter Gizzi. "These are poems of ear and eye, full of echoes and luminous images. With a sensuality born of melancholy, they attend to resonant details that hover at the edge of recognition, as when Pacific fog partly obscures the view"—Devin Johnston.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.