The Chinese Civil War 1945-49 (Essential Histories)
- Author:Michael Lynch
- Brand:Essential Histories - 20th Century Conflicts
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.00 (On sale from $17.00)
as of 3/11/2014 06:16 EDT details
- You Save: $7.00 (41%)
- Sales Rank:874,337
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):9.7 x 6.8 x 0.3
- Publication Date:May 25, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Out of the ashes of Imperial China arose two new contenders to lead a reformed nation; the Chinese Nationalist Party, the Kuomintang, and the Chinese Communist Party. In 1927, the inevitable clash between these two political parties led to a bitter civil war that would last for 23 years, through World War II and into the Cold War period. The brutal struggle finally concluded when Communist forces captured Nanjing, capital of the Nationalist Republic of China, irrevocably altering the course of China's future. Dr. Michael Lynch sheds light on the cruel civil war that ultimately led to the establishment of the People's Republic of China.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.