Good Kings Bad Kings: A Novel
- Author:Susan Nussbaum
- Brand:Brand: Algonquin Books
- List Price:
- Buy New: $1.97
as of 11/27/2014 14:03 EST details
- You Save: $12.98 (87%)
- Seller:LeekJD Books, Toys, Etc.
- Sales Rank:174,106
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):7500
- Dimensions (in):5.5 x 0.9 x 8.3
- Publication Date:November 12, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Bellwether Award winner Susan Nussbaum’s powerful novel invites us into the lives of a group of typical teenagers—alienated, funny, yearning for autonomy—except that they live in an institution for juveniles with disabilities. This unfamiliar, isolated landscape is much the same as the world outside: friendships are forged, trust is built, love affairs are kindled, and rules are broken. But those who call it home have little or no control over their fate. Good Kings Bad Kings challenges our definitions of what it means to be disabled in a story told with remarkable authenticity and in voices that resound with humor and spirit.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.