Fully Alive: A Retreat with Pema Chodron on Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change
- Author:Pema Chodron
- List Price:
- Buy New: $17.23
as of 5/19/2013 14:04 EDT details
- You Save: $12.72 (42%)
- Sales Rank:20,574
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Audio CD
- Number Of Items:4
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):5.4 x 0.7 x 7.4
- Publication Date:November 13, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
We live in difficult times. Life sometimes seems like a roiling and turbulent river threatening to drown us. Why, in the face of that, shouldn’t we cling for safety to the certainty of the shore—to our comfortably familiar patterns and habits? Because, Pema Chödrön teaches, that kind of fear-based clinging leads only to even greater suffering.
In this recorded retreat, based on the program Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change held at Omega Institute, Pema Chödrön and her teaching assistant, Meg Wheatley, provide a wealth of wisdom for learning to step right into the river: to be completely, fearlessly present even in the hardest times, the most difficult situations. It’s the secret of being fully alive. The teachings and practices they present includes:
• A teaching based on a Native American prophecy for cultivating the ability to take nothing personally
• A guided meditation for developing patience in the midst of irritation
• Tips for accessing your innate strength and confidence—simply by altering your posture
4 CDs, 4 ½ hours.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.