Writing 21st Century Fiction: High Impact Techniques for Exceptional Storytelling
- Author:Donald Maass
- List Price:
- Buy New: $3.81
as of 5/22/2013 19:15 EDT details
- You Save: $13.18 (78%)
- Sales Rank:30,272
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):6 x 0.6 x 9
- Publication Date:October 16, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Capture the minds, hearts, and imaginations of 21st century readers!
Whether you're a commercial storyteller or a literary novelist, whether your goal is to write a best-selling novel or captivate readers with a satisfying, beautifully written story, the key to success is the same: high-impact fiction. Writing 21st Century Fiction will help you write a novel for today's readers and market, filled with rich characters, compelling plots, and resonant themes. Author and literary agent Donald Maass shows you how to:
- Create fiction that transcends genre, conjures characters who look and feel more real" than real people, and shows readers the work around them in new ways.
- Infuse every page with an electric current of emotional appeal and micro-tension.
- Harness the power of parallels, symbols, metaphors, and more to illuminate your novel in a lasting way.
- Develop a personalized method of writing that works for you.
With an arsenal of thought-provoking prompts and questions, plus plenty of examples from best-selling titles, Writing 21st Century Fiction
will strip away your preconceived notions about writing in today's world and give you the essential tools you need to create fiction that will leave both readers and critics in awe."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.