Elements of Fiction Writing - Beginnings, Middles & Ends
- Author:Nancy Kress
- Brand:Writer's Digest
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.20
as of 4/20/2014 15:33 EDT details
- You Save: $6.79 (45%)
- Sales Rank:125,580
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Second Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.1 x 0.5
- Publication Date:March 21, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Get Your Readers' Attention—And Keep It—From the First World to the Final Page
Translating that initial flash of inspiration into a complete story requires careful crafting. So how do you keep your story from beginning slowly, floundering midway, and trailing off at the end? Nancy Kress shows you effective solutions for potential problems at each stage of your story—essential lessons for strong start-to-finish storytelling.
- Hook readers, agents, and editors in the first three paragraphs.
- Make and keep your story's implicit promise to the reader.
- Build drama and credibility by controlling your prose.
- Consider the price a writer pays for flashbacks.
- Reveal character effectively throughout your story.
Get the tools you need to get your story off to an engaging start, keep the middle tight and compelling, and make your conclusion high impact. You'll also find dozens of exercises to help strengthen your short story or novel. Let this resource be your guide to successful stories—from the first word to the last.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.