The Old Testament: Our Call to Faith and Justice
- Author:Daniel Smith-Christopher
- Publisher:Ave Maria Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $20.62
as of 3/13/2014 02:42 EDT details
- You Save: $5.33 (21%)
- Sales Rank:1,224,980
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.2
- Dimensions (in):10.6 x 8.5 x 0.9
- Publication Date:July 8, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
(© 2013) This textbook has been found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The revised edition of The Old Testament: Our Call to Faith and Justice
covers the remarkable journey of God's Chosen People and their journey in Scripture. As with any relationship, the divine-human one described in the Old Testament has dramatic episodes of jealousy and angry disappointment, but also shows moments of moving love, compassion, and forgiveness. The Jewish people forged an intimate relationship with God that was brought to fullness in the coming of God s Son, Jesus Christ. This text also includes a Catholic Handbook for Faith, an appendix section with a wealth of information to help students review material they have covered in other religion courses.Among the new features of this revised edition
Table of Contents
- Section Overviews that introduce the content of each section in one simple sentence.
- Section Quick View bulleted points that summarize the content of each section.
- New Testament Connections that explicitly link Old Testament prophecies and events with the person, mission, and ministry of Jesus.
- Vocabulary Review and Performance Assessment Projects that offer, in several different learning approaches, opportunities for students to share what they learned in each chapter.
1 Preparing for the Journey: Ten Frequently Asked Questions
2 Maps for the Journey: Geographical, Historical, and Literature Context
3 Stories for the Journey: Creation and the Founding of A People
4 The Journey Begins to the Promised Land: The Exodus
5 The Journey Takes New Shape: A People at Home
6 The Monarchy: The Journey Takes a New Direction
7 God s Prophets: At the Heart of the Journey
8 Turning Point in the Journey: The Destruction of Judah, Exile, and Return
9 A Spiritual Journey: A Look at Wisdom and Apocalyptic Literature
10 The Journey Leads to the Time of Jesus
Appendix: Catholic Handbook for Faith
Index of Key Terms
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.