Tupac Shakur: The Life and Times of an American Icon
- Authors:Tayannah Lee McQuillarFred L. Johnson PhD
- Publisher:Da Capo Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.20
as of 12/26/2014 03:13 EST details
- You Save: $7.75 (49%)
- Seller:TOTAL BOOKS
- Sales Rank:71,968
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):5.5 x 0.7 x 8.2
- Publication Date:January 26, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand Name: Baker and Taylor Mfg#: 9781568583877
- Shipping Weight: 0.60 lbs
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
In 1996 Tupac Shakur, one of the most talented artists of his time, was murdered by an unknown gunman. Fred L. Johnson and Tayannah Lee McQuillar examine the theories surrounding his death and the story of Tupac’s lost legacy in this definitive biography.
For millions, Shakur gave voice to their stories, but there was also another side to him, revealed as his life spun out of control, as the whispered warnings from friends went unheeded and the denunciations of critics grew louder. Disturbingly, he sang and wrote about his impending death. When it came, it brought the music industry to its knees and ended an era when American rappers were leaders in using their art to speak the truth to corporate, government, and judicial power.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.