Changes: A Love Story
- Author:Ama Ata Aidoo
- Creator:Tuzyaline Jita Allan
- Brand:Brand: The Feminist Press at CUNY
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.54
as of 9/16/2014 08:27 EDT details
- You Save: $5.41 (32%)
- Seller:Abundance Booksellers
- Sales Rank:105,787
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.5 x 0.6
- Publication Date:November 1, 1993
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Changes explores the complex world in which the lives of professional working women have changed sharply, but the cultural assumptions of men’s lives have not. Witty and compelling, Aidoo’s novel, according to Manthia Diawara, "inaugurates a new realist style in African literature."
"Aidoo writes with intense power in a novel that, in examining the role of women in modern African society, also sheds light on women’s problems around the globe."—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
Suggested for course use in:
Ama Ata Aidoo, one of Ghana’s most distinguished writers, is the author of two other works of fiction, Our Sister Killjoy and No Sweetness Here (The Feminist Press), as well as plays, poems, and children’s books. Tuzyline Jita Allan is associate professor of English at Baruch College, CUNY.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.