Budget Travel through Space and Time: Poems
- Author:Albert Goldbarth
- Publisher:Graywolf Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.49
as of 7/28/2014 12:53 EDT details
- You Save: $9.51 (63%)
- Sales Rank:1,672,626
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:First Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 6.9 x 8.8
- Publication Date:March 1, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A new kaleidoscopic itinerary of poems by Albert Goldbarth, twice winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award
The glass eye = a prosthetic eye.
And a telescope lens?—the dream life
of the glass eye when it’s closed.
—from “About the Dead”
Albert Goldbarth’s trusty travel guide, Budget Travel through Space and Time, is a steal. For only $14.00, you can:
• Observe the nation of Tuvalu sinking into the Pacific!
• Discover Goldbarth’s Law of Physics (“At the moment when the past becomes two futures, / it becomes two pasts”)!
• Earn 27,000 frequent-flyer miles* by accompanying the Arctic tern on its annual migration!
• Witness William Herschel construct his famed telescope from horse manure in the late 1770s!
• Journey into the Paleolithic and waaay beyond to observe “The Most Ancient Light in Existence”!
• Witness why Goldbarth is “a dazzling virtuoso who can break your heart” (Joyce Carol Oates), and ponder how “Goldbarth finds startling and intricate connections where no one else has thought to look” (National Book Critics Circle citation, 2002)!
*Budget restrictions apply
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.