The Art of Twentieth-Century American Poetry: Modernism and After
- Author:Charles Altieri
- Brand:Brand: Wiley-Blackwell
- List Price:
- Buy New: $34.95
as of 9/1/2014 05:09 EDT details
- You Save: $16.00 (31%)
- Sales Rank:2,107,724
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6 x 0.6
- Publication Date:March 24, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Written by a leading critic, this invigorating introduction to modernist American poetry conveys the excitement that can be generated by a careful reading of modernist poems.
- Encourages readers to identify with the modernists’ sense of the revolutionary possibilities of their art.
- Embraces four generations of modernist American poets up through to the 1980s.
- Gives readers a sense of the ambitions, the disillusionments and the continuities of modernist poetry.
- Includes close readings of particular poems which show how readers can use these works to connect with what concerns them.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.