A History of Latin America
- Authors:Benjamin KeenKeith Haynes
- Brand:Brand: Cengage Learning
- List Price:
- Buy New: $122.24
as of 3/9/2014 14:51 EDT details
- You Save: $39.71 (25%)
- Seller:Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Sales Rank:381,159
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2
- Dimensions (in):9 x 7.2 x 1.1
- Publication Date:January 24, 2012
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Focus Questions highlight the major themes in each chapter.
- The text is divided into three major parts; timelines and part overviews for each of these parts help to highlight major themes and parallel developments among different regions of the Latin American world. Timelines define the sequence of events for each major section of the text.
- Introductory and concluding paragraphs connect each chapter in the narrative. New chapter timelines provide a more detailed chronology for the region under discussion.
- Key terms appear in bold type and are defined where first introduced. All the key terms and their definitions appear in an expanded glossary on the companion website.
- An introductory chapter on the geographic background of Latin American history provides much-needed background on how the geography and environmental resources have shaped development of the larger region.
The best-selling text for introductory Latin American history courses, A HISTORY OF LATIN AMERICA encompasses political and diplomatic theory, class structure and economic organization, culture and religion, and the environment. The integrating framework is the dependency theory, the most popular interpretation of Latin American history, which stresses the economic relationship of Latin American nations to wealthier nations, particularly the United States. Spanning pre-historic times to the present, A HISTORY OF LATIN AMERICA takes both a chronological and a nation-by-nation approach, and includes the most recent historical analysis and the most up-to-date scholarship. The Ninth Edition includes expanded coverage of social and cultural history (including music) throughout and increased attention to women, indigenous cultures, and Afro-Latino people assures well balanced coverage of the region's diverse histories.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.