Health Promotion in Nursing with Premium Website Printed Access Card
- Authors:Janice A MavilleCarolina G Huerta
- Brand:Brand: Cengage Learning
- List Price:
- Buy New: $123.00
as of 9/18/2014 10:53 EDT details
- You Save: $33.95 (22%)
- Sales Rank:79,208
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.4
- Dimensions (in):10.7 x 8.3 x 0.9
- Publication Date:March 2, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- "Spotlight On" boxes highlight current and potentially controversial topics which merit student attention and consideration.
- Case Studies introduce students to real-life scenarios with patients who need nursing intervention and health promotion guidance.
- "Research Notes" incorporated throughout the textbook underscore the crucial role of research in the nurse's responsibility to be current and accurate in practice.
- Focus is on the nurse's own health and wellness reinforcing the truth that nurses need to maintain their own healthy lifestyles, as well as promoting wellness for others.
HEALTH PROMOTION IN NURSING, 3E takes readers through a holistic approach of health and wellness that examines healthy lifestyles from a biological, psychological, social, and environmental perspective. Beginning with an overview of health promotion concepts and nursing theories, the book then delves into issues of nutrition, physical fitness, weight control, avoiding substance abuse, and pre-natal care. The Third Edition also covers new issues relating to technology, as well as wellness strategies that enable patients to maintain healthy lifestyles in the face of grief or terminal illness. With content directed towards caring for communities and groups, HEALTH PROMOTION IN NURSING, 3E is the resource that readers of all nursing types and specialties can use for years to come.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.