- Author:Lesley Wheeler
- Publisher:Barrow Street Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $13.75
as of 11/29/2014 04:56 EST details
- You Save: $3.20 (19%)
- Seller:Chicago Street Books & Videos
- Sales Rank:2,578,973
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):0.3 x 6 x 8.8
- Publication Date:June 1, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
For philosopher Michel Foucault, heterotopia designates a real or imagined space of escape, transformation, or revelation. In Lesley Wheeler's prizewinning second collection, the heterotopia is Liverpool, England, during the middle of the twentieth century--a time and place defined by the Blitz and the privations that followed. Her imaginary Liverpool, however, has a complicated relationship to the real city and to her own life in the United States: it makes visible what was gained and lost in the transition from poverty to prosperity, from oral culture to print overload.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.