Cowboy Poetry: A Gathering
- Creator:Hal Cannon
- Publisher:Gibbs Smith
- List Price:
- Buy New: $2.91
as of 5/22/2013 04:55 EDT details
- You Save: $9.04 (76%)
- Sales Rank:348,859
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):4.3 x 0.7 x 5.9
- Publication Date:April 1, 1990
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 53 authors wrote these poems. Most have 2 poems each.
- There is a 9 pages bibliography.
- Illustration by J. Scott Knudsen are in black and white.
This collection of poems was chosen from among 10, 000 gathered from cowboy reciters, ranch poets and from a library of over 200 published works of cowboy verse. One third of the poems are classics that have proven their vitality by having lived in the hearts and minds of cowboys and ranchers for decades. The remaining two-thirds are new, created within the last few years.
"Most cowboy poems speak of real events and people, from bucking horses and cagey cows to old Stetson hats and long winter travels. Although they focus on the ordinary stuff of life, their truths . . . seem no less eternal than those penned by William Shakespeare. Some cowboy poems are bust-a-gut funny; a few are downright dirty . . . most carry an honest, primitive power."
--Michael Riley, TIME Magazine
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.