Literary Theory: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
- Author:Mary Klages
- Publisher:Bloomsbury Academic
- List Price:
- Buy New: $17.95
as of 9/20/2014 06:23 EDT details
- You Save: $5.00 (22%)
- Sales Rank:341,500
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.7 x 5.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:January 23, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780826490735
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
This Guide for the Perplexed provides an advanced introduction to literary theory from basic information and orientation for the uninformed leading on to more sophisticated readings. It engages directly with the difficulty many students find intimidating, asking 'What is ''Literary Theory''?' and offering a clear, concise, accessible guide to the major theories and theorists, including: humanism; structuralism; poststructuralism; psychoanalytic approaches; feminist approaches; queer theory; ideology and discourse; new historicism; race and postcolonialism; postmodernism. The final chapter points to new directions in literary and cultural theory.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.