Hawai'i One Summer (A Latitude 20 Book)
- Author:Maxine Hong Kingston
- Publisher:University of Hawaii Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.00
as of 3/14/2014 01:50 EDT details
- You Save: $2.95 (23%)
- Sales Rank:1,272,680
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 6 x 0.3
- Publication Date:December 1998
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
In this collection of eleven pieces, originally issued as a limited hand-printed edition, Maxine Hong Kingston does not attempt to capture Hawai'i but "instead and incidentally" to describe her "piece by piece, and hope that the sum praises her." The essays provide readers with a generous sampling of Kingston's signature: an angle of vision, exquisitely balanced and clear-sighted, that awakens one to a knowledge of things.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.