World Tree (Pitt Poetry Series)
- Author:Professor David Wojahn
- Brand:Brand: University of Pittsburgh Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.94
as of 12/17/2014 23:37 EST details
- You Save: $9.01 (56%)
- Sales Rank:982,058
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):6 x 0.6 x 9
- Publication Date:February 20, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
World Tree is in many respects, David Wojahn’s most ambitious collection to date; especially notable is a 25-poem sequence of ekphrastic poems, Ochre,” which is accompanied by a haunting series of drawings and photographs of Neolithic Art and anonymous turn of the last century snapshots.
Wojahn continues to explore the themes and approaches which he is known for, among them the junctures between the personal and political, a giddy mixing of high and pop culture references, and a deep emotional engagement with whatever material he is writing about.
Winner of the 2012 Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize from the Academy of American Poets
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.