Flying At Night: Poems 1965-1985 (Pitt Poetry Series)
- Author:Ted Kooser
- Brand:Brand: University of Pittsburgh Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $3.70
as of 11/25/2014 23:15 EST details
- You Save: $11.25 (75%)
- Seller:Your Online Bookstore
- Sales Rank:643,911
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 0.5 x 8.8
- Publication Date:March 11, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Named U.S. Poet Laureate for 2004-2006, Ted Kooser is one of America's masters of the short metaphorical poem. Dana Gioia has remarked that Kooser has written more perfect poems than any poet of his generation.
In Flying at Night: Poems 1965-1985, Kooser has selected poems from two of his earlier works, Sure Signs and One World at a Time (1985). Taken together or read one at a time, these poems clearly show why William Cole, writing in the Saturday Review, called Ted Kooser "a wonderful poet," and why Peter Stitt, writing in the Georgia Review, proclaimed him "a skilled and cunning writer. . . . An authentic 'poet of the American people.'"
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.