Boneshaker (Pitt Poetry Series)
- Author:Jan Beatty
- Publisher:University of Pittsburgh Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.75
as of 7/23/2014 21:02 EDT details
- You Save: $5.20 (40%)
- Sales Rank:1,831,729
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 5.9 x 0.4
- Publication Date:February 21, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
In hard-hitting, sophisticated, often lyrical language, Jan Beatty investigates the idea of the body as cultural machine, shelter, mirage, or home. She rescripts the birth scene with girders and industrial pulleys; the womb as inhabited by a young girl architect. Structurally adventurous, the poems in Boneshaker question icons and invoke taboos, connect desire with place and class, walk the tightrope between sex and love.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.