Free Verse: An Essay on Prosody
- Author:Charles O. Hartman
- Publisher:Northwestern University Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $17.06
as of 3/11/2014 16:10 EDT details
- You Save: $1.89 (10%)
- Sales Rank:1,200,951
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):8.4 x 5.5 x 0.6
- Publication Date:September 9, 1996
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- ISBN13: 9780810113169
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
To make sense of "free verse" in theory of in practice, the study of prosody--the function of rhythm in poetry--must be revised and rethought. In Free Verse: An Essay on Prosody, Charles Hartman develops a theory of prosody that includes the most characteristic form of twentieth-century poetry.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.