Facing the Lion: Growing Up Maasai on the African Savanna
- Authors:Joseph Lemasolai LekutonHerman Viola
- Brand:National Geographic Children's Books
- List Price:
- Buy New: $1.50
as of 1/30/2015 13:06 EST details
- Sales Rank:50,507
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):5.4 x 0.4 x 8.3
- Publication Date:October 11, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Joseph Lemasolai Lekuton gives American kids a firsthand look at growing up in Kenya as a member of a tribe of nomads whose livelihood centers on the raising and grazing of cattle. Readers share Lekuton's first encounter with a lion, the epitome of bravery in the warrior tradition. They follow his mischievous antics as a young Maasai cattle herder, coming-of-age initiation, boarding school escapades, soccer success, and journey to America for college. Lekuton's riveting text combines exotic details of nomadic life with the universal experience and emotions of a growing boy.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.