Media Education: Literacy, Learning and Contemporary Culture
- Author:David Buckingham
- Brand:Brand: Polity
- List Price:
- Buy New: $20.00
as of 3/11/2014 22:57 EDT details
- You Save: $9.95 (33%)
- Seller:Samantha Lyn
- Sales Rank:726,236
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.1 x 0.7
- Publication Date:September 11, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This book examines recent changes in media education and in young people’s lives, and provides an accessible set of principles on which the media curriculum should be based, with a clear rationale for pedagogic practice.
- David Buckingham is one of the leading international experts in the field - he has more than twenty years’ experience in media education as a teacher and researcher.
- This book takes account of recent changes both in the media and in young people’s lives, and provides an accessible and cogent set of principles on which the media curriculum should be based.
- Introduces the aims and methods of media education or 'media literacy'.
- Includes descriptions of teaching strategies and summaries of relevant research on classroom practice.
- Covers issues relating to contemporary social, political and technological developments.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.