American Government and Politics Today: Essentials 2011 - 2012 Edition
- Authors:Barbara A. BardesMack C. ShelleySteffen W. Schmidt
- List Price:
- Buy New: $49.91
as of 10/22/2014 10:53 EDT details
- You Save: $159.04 (76%)
- Seller:-Daily Deals-
- Sales Rank:89,594
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.1
- Dimensions (in):10.8 x 8.6 x 0.9
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- With a concise organization and highly readable style, this appealing text provides thorough coverage in a streamlined, affordable format perfect for today's busy and budget-conscious students.
- "What If . . . ," "Beyond Our Borders," and "Did You Know?" features included throughout the text are designed to engage student interest while encouraging them to think critically about key concepts and develop a more informed global perspective.
- "Which Side Are You On?" features challenge students to take a stand on controversial issues and explore ways to take action.
- "Politics and . . ." features introduce important current issues of concern to today's students, including diversity, ideology, and religion.
- "Why Should You Care?" features conclude each chapter with specific reasons why the topic at hand directly affects the reader and provide ways in which students can become actively involved in American politics.
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS TODAY: THE ESSENTIALS 2011-2012 EDITION inspires students to join the exciting process of being active, informed citizens. Bardes, Shelley, and Schmidt provide an unbiased and concisely organized overview of this essential subject, updated with complete Election 2010 coverage and the latest on the economic downturn and recovery policy. The text's fundamental theme continues to be the importance of participating in active citizenship, emphasizing continual critical thinking about political issues, and encouraging students to become involved in the political process. With a keen understanding of the needs and interests of today's students, the authors incorporate abundant current examples, including increased coverage of the impact of the Internet and other media, to stimulate learning and excitement. The text is redesigned for even greater reader appeal.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.