The Cambridge Companion to Science Fiction (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Creators:Edward JamesFarah Mendlesohn
- Publisher:Cambridge University Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $28.05
as of 4/16/2014 22:11 EDT details
- You Save: $3.94 (12%)
- Sales Rank:326,524
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 5.9 x 0.7
- Publication Date:December 8, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Science fiction is at the intersection of numerous fields. It is literature which draws on popular culture, and engages in speculation about science, history, and all varieties of social relations. This volume brings together essays by scholars and practitioners of science fiction, which look at the genre from different angles. It examines science fiction from Thomas More to the present day; and introduces important critical approaches (including Marxism, postmodernism, feminism and queer theory).
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.