Pocket Guide to APA Style
- Author:Robert Perrin
- Publisher:Cengage Learning
- List Price:
- Buy New: $29.00
as of 8/22/2014 00:45 EDT details
- You Save: $15.95 (35%)
- Sales Rank:7,847
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 4.3 x 0.3
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The POCKET GUIDE TO APA STYLE, 4th Edition, is an essential tool for writing research papers across the disciplines! Concise and thorough, the POCKET GUIDE offers straightforward explanations, annotated examples, and margin notes designed to help the writer produce properly documented papers in the latest APA style. Not only less expensive and easier to use than the APA Manual, the POCKET GUIDE also includes extensive coverage of electronic sources, preparing writers to both evaluate and correctly use Internet references in their research.
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- Current throughout. This edition is updated to incorporate all essential changes reflected in the corrected sixth edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2009).
- Extensive coverage of electronic sources. The fourth edition of the Pocket Guide features extensive, updated information to help readers use and evaluate Internet references in their research. Chapter 1 includes expanded discussions of periodical databases and online catalogs.
- New and expanded material. Highly technical aspects of APA style--including word spacing, seriation, dashes, and hyphenation--are carefully presented to enhance users' understanding.
- Updated examples. More than 140 reference entries with corresponding in-text citations offer a wealth of models.
- Easy access: Concise and straightforward, the Pocket Guide to APA Style covers topics in short chapters that keep all discussions of an issue within a single section, making it easy to look for and find information quickly when needed. Chapters are efficiently organized according to different kinds of sources--periodicals (Chapter 5), books and other separately published materials (Chapter 6), audiovisual materials (Chapter 7), and electronic sources (Chapter 8).
- Two sample APA-style papers--one argumentative and one experimental--are carefully annotated to give users extra support as they master the elements of manuscript preparation and documentation principles.
- A useful introductory chapter, "Writing Scholarly Papers," reviews common procedures and practices of basic research methods, reminding users of what they already know before they begin assimilating new material.
- To help users avoid and understand plagiarism, the author includes examples of incorrect documentation, as well as corrections that illustrate the correct documentation of the source material.
- Visual aids, including tables and charts throughout, help users review chapter content.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.