Evergreen: A Guide to Writing with Readings
- Author:Susan Fawcett
- Publisher:Cengage Learning
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.99
as of 7/22/2014 03:52 EDT details
- You Save: $148.96 (96%)
- Sales Rank:107,282
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.8
- Dimensions (in):0.9 x 8.3 x 11
- Publication Date:January 7, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- A GUIDE TO WRITING WITH READINGS
- IS THE BOOK THAT CORRESPONDS CENGAGE BRAIN
- THIS IS AN INTRO TO COLLEGE ENGLISH COMPOSITION
combines carefully crafted instruction, high-interest readings and student models, and plentiful practice exercises, to provide the most effective paragraph-to-essay-level developmental writing text on the market. The ninth edition includes expanded and revised coverage of writing essays, including an additional essay chapter and numerous additional student models. Photos enhance high-interest readings and promote critical viewing as well as critical thinking and clear writing.
About This Edition
The ninth edition includes expanded and revised coverage of writing essays, including an additional essay chapter and numerous additional student models. The new sections follow author Susan Fawcett's MAP (Model-Analysis-Practice) format, which provides an example of a concept followed by clear description and analysis, and then the opportunity for immediate hands-on practice. Photographs and a colorful design, as well as high-interest readings by diverse authors, engage and motivate students and have special appeal to the visual learner. This edition is available with an interactive ebook that includes audio and video segments and online exercises. An annotated instructor's edition provides answers for every exercise as well as teaching tips and ESL tips. An impressive suite of print and online supplements includes an instructor's manual, a comprehensive test-bank with diagnostic and mastery tests, a special teaching manual for using Evergreen with ESL students, and creative classroom exercises. Resources for students include additional practice exercises, student models, and information on avoiding plagiarism.
- Expanded coverage of essay writing includes a new chapter on types of essays, additional student models for each writing pattern, and graphic organizer diagrams that lead students through the process of writing an essay.
- Additional content for the visual learner includes 20 new photographs to challenge and engage students, a color-coded essay template, and a colorful design that draws attention to main points and key features.
- New student models throughout the text and in the writer's workshops at the end of each unit provide realistic models for students' own writing.
- New "learning styles" annotations in the annotated instructor's edition point out how information about a student's learning style can be used to facilitate learning.
- Seven new reading selections in Unit 8 feature diverse topics and authors, with high-interest selections such as Jessica Bennett's "The Flip Side of Internet Fame," Wang Ping's "Book War," and Andrew Sullivan's "Why the M Word Matters to Me."
- Susan Fawcett's tested MAP format (Model-Analysis-Practice) first provides an example of the concept presented, then discusses the concept, and immediately provides an opportunity for hands-on practice.
- Numerous student models provide students with real, attainable examples of paragraphs and essays in the writing patterns.
- Full-color photographs and diagrams reinforce learning and help students learn to study and analyze visual images.
- Superior ESL coverage includes integrated practice opportunities for grammar and spelling, an ESL appendix that focuses on particular ESL stumbling blocks, ESL tip annotations in the annotated instructor's edition that suggest how and when to provide ESL instruction, and a separate guide to teaching evergreen with ESL students that provides specific assistance in teaching English language learners.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.