Songs for the Open Road: Poems of Travel and Adventure (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Creator:The American Poetry & Literacy Project
- Publisher:Dover Publications
- List Price:
- Buy New: $0.01
as of 4/16/2014 07:16 EDT details
- You Save: $2.49 (100%)
- Seller:Goods: Better Best!
- Sales Rank:29,035
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):2 x 3.3 x 0.1
- Publication Date:December 23, 1998
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Collection of more than 80 poems by 50 American and British masters celebrates travel, adventure and the many real and metaphorical journeys each of us take in the course of our lives. Works by Whitman, Byron, Millay, Sandburg, Service, Bliss Carman, Robert Louis Stevenson, Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, Shelley, Tennyson, Yeats, many others. Includes 2 selections from the Common Core State Standards Initiative: "The New Colossus" and "The Railway Train."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.