The Classic Tradition of Haiku: An Anthology (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Creator:Faubion Bowers
- Publisher:Dover Publications
- List Price:
- Buy New: $0.04
as of 5/19/2013 23:14 EDT details
- You Save: $2.96 (99%)
- Sales Rank:55,979
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):5.2 x 0.3 x 8.2
- Publication Date:September 24, 1996
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A highly distilled form of Japanese poetry, haiku consist of 17 syllables, usually divided among three lines. This unique collection spans over 400 years (1488–1902) of haiku history by the greatest masters: Basho, Issa, Shiki and many more, in translations by top-flight scholars in the field. Editor Faubion Bowers provides a Foreword and many informative notes to the poems.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.