Elijah of Buxton
- Author:Christopher Paul Curtis
- Brand:Scholastic Press
- Buy New: $4.06 (On sale from $7.99)
as of 8/27/2014 11:08 EDT details
- You Save: $3.93 (49%)
- Seller:Bookworm.com (Quidsi Retail, an Amazon company)
- Sales Rank:17,284
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 5.3 x 1
- Publication Date:February 1, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
Master storyteller Christopher Paul Curtis's Newbery Honor novel, featuring his trademark humor, unique narrative voice, and new cover art--now in paperback!
Eleven-year-old Elijah lives in Buxton, Canada, a settlement of runaway slaves near the American border. He's the first child in town to be born free, and he ought to be famous just for that. Unfortunately, all that most people see is a "fra-gile" boy who's scared of snakes and talks too much. But everything changes when a former slave steals money from Elijah's friend, who has been saving to buy his family out of captivity in the South. Now it's up to Elijah to track down the thief--and his dangerous journey just might make a hero out of him, if only he can find the courage to get back home.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.