The Routledge Companion to Race and Ethnicity (Routledge Companions)
- Creators:Stephen M. CaliendoCharlton D. McIlwain
- List Price:
- Buy New: $19.99
as of 3/11/2014 02:36 EDT details
- You Save: $18.96 (49%)
- Sales Rank:129,981
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6.1 x 0.8
- Publication Date:December 19, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Routledge Companion to Race and Ethnicity is a comprehensive guide to the increasingly relevant, broad and ever changing terrain of studies surrounding race and ethnicity. Comprising a series of essays and a critical dictionary of key names and terms written by respected scholars from a range of academic disciplines, this book provides a thought provoking introduction to the field, and covers:
- The history and relationship between "race" and ethnicity
- The impact of colonialism and post colonialism
- Emerging concepts of "whiteness"
- Changing political and social implications of race
- Race and ethnicity as components of identity
- The interrelatedness and intersectionality of race and ethnicity with gender and sexual orientation
- Globalization, media, popular culture and their links with race and ethnicity
Fully cross referenced throughout, with suggestions for further reading and international examples, this book is indispensible reading for all those studying issues of race and ethnicity across the humanities and social and political sciences.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.