Call and Response: Key Debates in African American Studies
- Authors:Henry Louis Gates Jr.Jennifer Burton
- Publisher:W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- Buy New: $31.21
as of 12/19/2013 11:56 EST details
- Sales Rank:299,042
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.6
- Dimensions (in):1.6 x 7.4 x 9.1
- Publication Date:October 19, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Class-tested by Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his groundbreaking course, Call and Response is an innovative core reader for African American Studies.
Unprecedented in scope and approach, this primary-text reader offers a fresh and flexible framework for exploring signal issues of the black experience in the United States. With voices ranging from Phillis Wheatley in the late eighteenth century to Barack Obama in the twenty-first, Call and Response
presents multiple perspectives on key controversies that probe the fundamental relationship between race and democracy.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.