- Author:A. Van Jordan
- Publisher:W. W. Norton & Company
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.63
as of 4/19/2014 23:51 EDT details
- You Save: $9.32 (58%)
- Sales Rank:512,605
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):8.3 x 6.1 x 0.4
- Publication Date:December 17, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
"Jordan is a wizard at capturing vernacular in both conventional forms and his own invention." --Black Issues Book Review
In 1936, teenager MacNolia Cox became the first African American finalist in the National Spelling Bee Competition. Supposedly prevented from winning, the precocious child who dreamed of becoming a doctor was changed irrevocably. Her story, told in a poignant nonlinear narrative, illustrates the power of a pivotal moment in a life.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.