How We Became Human: New and Selected Poems 1975-2002
- Author:Joy Harjo
- Publisher:W. W. Norton & Company
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.00
as of 12/19/2014 16:53 EST details
- You Save: $9.95 (55%)
- Seller:Doggy-Doo Books
- Sales Rank:210,618
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Dictionary), English (Published), English (Translation)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 0.1 x 0.9
- Publication Date:January 17, 2004
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Over a quarter-century's work from the 2003 winner of the Arrell Gibson Award for Lifetime Achievement.
This collection gathers poems from throughout Joy Harjo's twenty-eight-year career, beginning in 1973 in the age marked by the takeover at Wounded Knee and the rejuvenation of indigenous cultures in the world through poetry and music. How We Became Human
explores its title question in poems of sustaining grace.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.