The New Comprehensive American Rhyming Dictionary
- Author:Sue Young
- Publisher:Collins Reference
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.81
as of 5/23/2013 15:33 EDT details
- You Save: $8.18 (55%)
- Seller:TOTAL BOOKS
- Sales Rank:48,606
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 1.1 x 8.1
- Publication Date:November 1, 1991
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
An essential tool for writers, poets, punsters, lyricists, wits, and language lovers everywhere!THE NEW COMPREHENSIVE AMERICAN RHYMING DICTIONARY is, by far, the sassiest, most fun, complete andup-to-date book of its kind on the market. This remarkablecompendium contains over 65,000 words, phrases, andcolloquialisms--a gold mine of rhyme certain to aid anddelight everyone who works with language, from the amateurpoet to the professional wordsmith.
- Why rhyme "moon" with "June"...when you can use "Brigadoon", "Daniel Boone", or "picayune" instead?
- A cornucopia of rhymes for exasperating, difficult-to-match words...such as "system", "hemophilia", and "Khrushchev".
- Easy-to-use and read, with entries arranged by sound rather than spelling.
- Authoritative and up-to-the-minute...including the latest in slang, idioms and buzz words.
Whether you're a composer searching for the perfect songlyric or a wit who revels in constructing limericks, here isyour key to a bold new world of creative cleverness-an idealreference book for the Cole Porter in all of us!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.