Wieland: or, The Transformation: An American Tale and Other Stories (Modern Library Classics)
- Author:Charles Brockden Brown
- Creator:Caleb Crain
- Publisher:Modern Library
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.91
as of 3/9/2014 10:33 EDT details
- You Save: $12.09 (53%)
- Seller:Mind Over Matter Bookstore and More
- Sales Rank:1,610,061
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:New edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.6 x 0.9
- Publication Date:June 11, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780375759031
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Called a “remarkable story” by John Greenleaf Whittier and described by John Keats as “very powerful,” Wieland, Charles Brockden Brown’s disturbing 1798 tale of terror, is a masterpiece involving spontaneous combustion, disembodied voices, religious mania, and a gruesome murder based on a real-life incident.
This Modern Library Paperback Classic includes Wieland’s fragmentary sequel, Memoirs of Carwin the Biloquist, as well as several other important but hard-to-find Brockden Brown short stories, including “Thessalonica,” “Walstein’s School of History,” and “Death of Cicero.” This collection also reproduces the newspaper account of the murder that inspired Wieland.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.