Slouching Towards Bethlehem: Essays (FSG Classics)
- Author:Joan Didion
- Publisher:Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.00
as of 10/21/2014 12:54 EDT details
- You Save: $10.00 (67%)
- Seller:Marlton Books
- Sales Rank:4,474
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.2 x 5.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:October 28, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
The first nonfiction work by one of the most distinctive prose stylists of our era, Slouching Towards Bethlehem remains, forty years after its first publication, the essential portrait of America— particularly California—in the sixties. It focuses on such subjects as John Wayne and Howard Hughes, growing up a girl in California, ruminating on the nature of good and evil in a Death Valley motel room, and, especially, the essence of San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury, the heart of the counterculture.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.