The Making of the West, Combined Volume: Peoples and Cultures
- Authors:Lynn HuntThomas R. MartinBarbara H. RosenweinBonnie G. Smith
- Brand:Brand: Bedford/St. Martin's
- Buy New: $52.00
as of 4/23/2014 20:14 EDT details
- Sales Rank:743,770
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Fourth Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):5.3
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.4 x 1.6
- Publication Date:January 4, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Students of Western civilization need more than facts. They need to understand the cross-cultural, global exchanges that shaped Western history; to be able to draw connections between the social, cultural, political, economic, and intellectual happenings in a given era; and to see the West not as a fixed region, but a living, evolving construct. These needs have long been central to The Making of the West. The book’s chronological narrative emphasizes the wide variety of peoples and cultures that created Western civilization and places them together in a common context, enabling students to witness the unfolding of Western history, understand change over time, and recognize fundamental relationships. Read the preface.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.