Mirror on America: Essays and Images from Popular Culture
- Authors:Joan T. MimsElizabeth M. Nollen
- Brand:Brand: Bedford/St. Martin's
- Buy New: $41.00
as of 10/30/2014 12:24 EDT details
- Sales Rank:343,059
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published), Unknown (Translation)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Fifth Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):6.5 x 0.6 x 9.1
- Publication Date:December 7, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Mirror on America meets students where they are right now. Whether they have lived in America all their lives or have only just arrived, they can consider themselves experts in pop culture. After all, they participate in it every day. Brief, current essays and images on topics like hip-hop, our online lives, and, of course, vampires and zombies spark discussion and critical thinking. And because critical thinking should lead to solid writing, the book’s editorial apparatus gives students clear instruction and support for every step of the reading and writing process. Always engaging and always accessible, Mirror on America reflects the interests of students and the instructors who want them to become confident writers. Read the preface.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.