Film: An Introduction
- Author:William H. Phillips
- Publisher:Bedford/St. Martin's
- Buy New: $55.11
as of 3/10/2014 16:45 EDT details
- Sales Rank:121,245
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.6
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 8 x 1.1
- Publication Date:January 2, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Film: An Introduction covers the movies students know and the films their instructors want them to know — including the silent classics of D.W. Griffith and Sergei Eisenstein, the Hong Kong cinema of John Woo, the documentaries of Errol Morris and Michael Moore, and the contemporary films of Quentin Tarantino and Peter Jackson. Through meticulous coverage, an unmatched art program with over 500 frame enlargements, accessible language, and unique study tools, Film helps beginning students develop the critical skills they need to analyze films and understand the medium in all its variety.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.