The Presence of Others: Voices and Images That Call for Response, 5th Edition
- Authors:Andrea A. LunsfordJohn J. Ruszkiewicz
- Brand:Brand: Bedford/St. Martin's
- Buy New: $48.25
as of 12/19/2014 03:18 EST details
- Seller:My Best Intentions
- Sales Rank:80,667
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.2
- Dimensions (in):6.5 x 1 x 9.1
- Publication Date:January 2, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Presenting widely varying opinions on provocative topics, The Presence of Others invites every student to enter a dialogue with the readings and with accompanying commentaries from the editors, student writers, and experts in other disciplines and fields. Noted scholars Andrea A. Lunsford and John J. Ruszkiewicz -- whose takes on political and academic culture differ markedly -- have selected a range of visual and written texts that cover issues of importance in academic and public life, from education to ethics, science and technology to American cultural myths. With its diverse selection of ideas, The Presence of Others encourages students to respond thoughtfully to arguments and to move toward excellence in articulating and supporting their own positions.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.