Plessy v. Ferguson: A Brief History with Documents
- Creator:Brook Thomas
- Publisher:Bedford/St. Martin's
- Buy New: $10.00
as of 3/12/2014 07:19 EDT details
- Seller:Kayla J Davis
- Sales Rank:177,346
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:First Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.2 x 5.6 x 0.4
- Publication Date:July 15, 1996
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
In 1896, The Supreme Court's Plessy v. Ferguson decision made legal a system of "separate but equal" racial segregation not overruled until 1954. Using the full text of the Court's opinion, along with a selection of responses to the ruling, Brook Thomas allows students to re-create a context of the complicated debates and conditions in which the decision took place.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.