Gathering the Tribes (Yale Series of Younger Poets)
- Author:Carolyn Forche
- Creator:Stanley Kunitz
- Publisher:Yale University Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.75
as of 7/25/2014 05:49 EDT details
- You Save: $10.25 (57%)
- Sales Rank:806,871
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):7.9 x 5.1 x 0.4
- Publication Date:September 10, 1976
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780300019858
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
There is a richness to the poems in this first volume of poems written by Carolyn Forche - words lovingly woven into images and sounds that feel good in your mouth if read aloud. You simply want to taste them, bite into them, savouring their flavour and swallow, feeling them become you. Themes of ethnicity, of friends,lovers, family have underlying themes of displacement and the gathering together of the tribes. It is an important title - Gathering the Tribes - since it has a oneness without surrendering the individuality of one's ethnic group nor self. Very highly recommended.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.