Pedagogy of the Oppressed (Penguin Education)
- Author:Paulo Freire
- Creators:Myra Bergman RamosRichard Shaull
- Publisher:Penguin Books Ltd
- Buy New: $7.08
as of 12/17/2014 23:29 EST details
- Seller:BRILANTI BOOKS
- Sales Rank:20,236
- Languages:English (Unknown), Portuguese (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):5.1 x 0.4 x 7.8
- Publication Date:January 25, 1996
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This text argues that the ignorance and lethargy of the poor are the direct result of the whole economic, social and political domination. The book suggests that in some countries the oppressors use the system to maintain a 'culture of silence'. Through the right kind of education, the book suggests, avoiding authoritarian teacher-pupil models and based on the actual experiences of students and on continual shared investigation, every human being, no matter how impoverished or illiterate, can develop a new awareness of self, and the right to be heard.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.