Foundations of Engineering
- Authors:Mark HoltzappleW. Reece
- Publisher:McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math
- Buy New: $159.22
as of 11/27/2014 18:13 EST details
- Sales Rank:67,893
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.2
- Dimensions (in):9 x 1.3 x 9.4
- Publication Date:July 12, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book gives freshman engineering students a solid foundation for all their future coursework. It provides an overview to the engineering profession and of the skills they will need to develop, as well as an introduction to fundamental engineering topics such as thermodynamics, rate processes, and Newton's laws. An important aspect of the book's approach is the method of Engineering Accounting, which casts the basic conservation laws (e.g., of energy or mass) as simple "accounting" procedures. This is a unifying concept that facilitates problem-solving across all engineering disciplines.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.