Twentieth-Century American Poetics: Poets on the Art of Poetry
- Authors:Dana GioiaDavid MasonMeg Schoerke
- Publisher:McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages
- Buy New: $78.68
as of 8/22/2014 14:54 EDT details
- Sales Rank:100,292
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):0.8 x 6 x 9
- Publication Date:December 26, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This comprehensive chronological anthology includes 58 essays on poetry by 53 poets. Starting with James Weldon Johnson and Robert Frost, the book offers diverse and often conflicting accounts of the nature and function of poetry. The collection includes rarely anthologized essays by Jack Spicer, Rhina Espaillat, Anne Stevenson, and Ron Silliman, as well as work by some of the finest younger critics in America, including William Logan, Alice Fulton, and Christian Wiman.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.