The Courage to Heal Workbook: A Guide for Women and Men Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- Author:Laura Davis
- Publisher:Harper Perennial
- List Price:
- Buy New: $13.09
as of 3/8/2014 16:45 EST details
- You Save: $10.90 (45%)
- Seller:TOTAL BOOKS
- Sales Rank:7,306
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.7
- Dimensions (in):9.2 x 7.3 x 1.2
- Publication Date:February 28, 1990
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
In this groundbreaking companion to The Courage to Heal, Laura Davis offers an inspiring, in-depth workbook that speaks to all women and men healing from the effects of child sexual abuse. The combination of checklists, writing and art Projects, open-ended questions and activities expertly guides the survivor through the healing process.
- Survival Skills—Teaches survivors to create a safe, supportive environment, ask for help, deal with crisis periods, and choose therapy.
- Aspects Of Healing—Focuses on the healing process: gaining a capacity for hope, breaking silence, letting go of shame, turning anger into action, planning a confrontation, preparing for family contact, and affirming personal progress.
- Guidelines For Healing Sexually—Redefines the concept of "safe sex" and establishes healthy ground rules for sexual contact.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.