Dorkfood Sous-Vide Temperature Controller (DSV)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $89.99
as of 3/12/2014 15:34 EDT details
- You Save: $20.01 (18%)
- Sales Rank:4,356
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):6.5 x 2.7 x 2.5
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Precise temperature control that's truly "plug & play"
- Transforms inexpensive appliances into sous vide water baths
- Monitors temperature using integrated probe
- Switches integrated device on and off to control whatever is plugged in
- The safe, affordable way to try sous vide
The DSV is a "plug and play" device that transforms many inexpensive appliances into sous-vide cookers. Most sous-vide devices cost hundreds of dollars and can take up valuable space in your kitchen, the DSV is the affordable and flexible alternative.
Sous-vide is a unique cooking method that is becoming increasingly popular with top chefs, and now there's an easy way to try it at home! Surprise yourself with the succulence and flavor that sous-vide has to offer. Experience foods that you've eaten your entire life as if it were the first time. Share something new and unique with your friends and family!
To sous-vide with the DSV, you must also have a suitable water-bath. Many household appliances can double as water-baths for use with the DSV, including slow cookers, rice cookers, and bucket heaters. Because the DSV works by switching a power outlet, suitable appliances must be capable of powering on without assistance when plugged in. Generally these devices are considered 'manual' and are less expensive than their 'digital' counterparts.
To determine if an appliance will work with the the DSV:
1. Plug your appliance into an ordinary outlet and turn it on until it starts heating.
2. Unplug it without pressing any switches or changing any settings.
3. Plug it back in.
If the appliance continues heating after step 3 (without any additional user input), it will work with the DSV.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.