Peppermint Essential Oil. 10 ml. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade.
- Buy New: $6.72 (On sale from $14.28)
as of 6/19/2013 19:47 EDT details
- Seller:Plant Therapy Essential Oils
- Sales Rank:1,367
- Size:10 ml
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):3.4 x 1.2 x 1
- Legal Disclaimer:IMPORTANT: All of our products are for external use only.
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Botanical Name: Mentha arvensis
- Aromatic Scent: Peppermint Japanese Essential Oil has a sharp, penetrating mint scent based on its high menthol content. The sweetness of the vapor makes it easy to see why it is such a common flavoring and scenting agent.
- 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil- no fillers, additives, bases or carriers added.
- Packaged in dark amber glass bottle with euro style dropper cap.
- For your convenience all Plant Therapy Essential Oils have an oil identification sticker on the cap. This is especially beneficial if you use a top load carrying case.
Botanical Name: Mentha arvensis * Plant Part: Herb * Extraction Method: Steam Distilled * Origin: India * Description: There are several species of the mentha arvensis perennial herb that can grow to 3 feet in height, spreading due to their underground 'runners'. Peppermint plant has hairy leaves with serrated edges and purple spiked flowers. Peppermint Japanese is known for its high menthol content. It is so high in fact that menthol crystals sometimes form right on the leaves. * Color: Colorless to pale yellow liquid. * Common Uses: Peppermint Japanese Essential Oil has long been credited as being useful in combating stomach ailments. It is also viewed as an antispasmodic and antimicrobial agent. Of course, most people will associate it with being a flavoring or scenting agent in foods, beverages, skin and hair care products (where it has a cooling effect by constricting capillaries and helping with bruises and sore joints), as well as soaps and candles. This is largely due to its menthol content - typically 85%. * Consistency: Thin * Note: Top * Strength of Aroma: Strong * Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Pine, Rosemary, Spearmintand Thyme. * Aromatic Scent: Peppermint Japanese Essential Oil has a sharp, penetrating mint scent based on its high menthol content. The sweetness of the vapor makes it easy to see why it is such a common flavoring and scenting agent. * History: Peppermint and its name has its roots in Greek mythology. Pluto - god of the dead - fell in love with Minthe, a beautiful nymph. Pluto's goddess wife Persephone became jealous and turned Minthe into a plant. Pluto could not bring her back to life but ensured that she would have a wonderful and fragrant aroma. * Cautions: Peppermint Japanese Essential Oil can be sensitizing due to the menthol content. Avoid use during pregnancy.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.